1 of 4 >
HAPPY BIRLING DAY EVERYONE!
Don’t forget to tune in to Radio 4 tonight at 6.30pm (UK time) for the new episode Timbuktu!
Hooray hooray, it’s Birling Day once more, where the crew traditionally swap their dignity for cash! But where have all the camels gone? And why is Arthur reading a book?
In other, closely related news, the title of the next episode has been revealed to be Uskerty (which Google tells me is in Ireland). There is no description for the episode (yet), but I’ll keep an eye out!
And lastly, John finally posted a blog entry again last night! To say I’m excited for those plot points may be a bit of an understatement…though that goose is giving me flashbacks to St. Petersburg D:
dumb cabin pressure headcanons I have adopted
- Arthur Shappey wears those shoes that kids wear with the heels that light up when you step down
- Martin hadn’t expected to get the job at MJN so when he managed to talk his way into it he was a bit underprepared and had to do some night before shopping. Because of this he has a pink travel bag because it was the cheapest practical suitcase he could get. Douglas teases him about it because it looks like something a stewardess might use.
- Carolyn got Snoopadoop after her divorce, her excuse is that it was to cheer Arthur up but really Snoopadoop always been more her dog anyway.
- Douglas used to take his daughter to disneyland every time he had a trip going that way and he had the time. He can’t do that anymore but whenever they talk on the phone she wears her mickey mouse ears. Douglas has a goofy keychain on his side.
- Sometimes on stormy nights the roof of Martin’s attic leaks and he has to sit on a floor with a bucket and some bowls to catch the water, reading his books on planes by torchlight because there’s a chance the fuse will go out if he turns on the light with the water in the roof.
- When Arthur was five he snuck into the kitchen before his birthday party and ate the entire cake all by himself. It may have been the sneakiest thing Arthur’ ever done but the effect was spoilt when he threw up in the pot plants.
- Douglas is perfectly capable of dancing, thank you very much, but you will never get him to do a line dance sober.
- Martin once had a day where the vending machine gave him two packets of crisps, he found some change in his clean pants that gave him enough for some actually nice coffee from a cafe near the student digs, a child at Fitton Airport had looked at him in awe while clutching a toy plane, and he spent the afternoon going over his log books while watching the planes coming and going during stand by. (Not an interesting head canon but I like to think Martin has good days are filled with small things)
- Carolyn only has six numbers on speed dial: emergency services, her lawyer, Arthur, Her two idiot pilots, and Herc
- Arthur is actually a really competent driver, he just likes being a passenger more because then he can look out the windows and pretend his hand is a dolphin in the wind.
I love every single one of these
also the bit about the child with an airplane toy made my heart ache
oh my gosh my feelings