I don’t know why but whenever I talk to you, I just feel so happy and I’m always smiling when I’m talking to you. Even though sometimes our conversations are pointless and don’t go anywhere, I still feel happy that I get to talk to you.
I watch the new episode of Gravity Falls, and I see this guy dancing:
do you ever just look at your own art and become so overwhelmed with shame
today is going much better than yesterday
considering I’m having a lunch break
So imagine you’re having a panic attack…. Not so fun I know but, bare with me on this one. So your palms are sweaty and your heart is racing or whatever your normal symptoms are. It stinks, but now imagine that you had a box that could potentially solve all of that…. Sounds good right?
Here’s what you’ll need
- spot to keep it all. (a box is great but, so is an old gift bag, a shelf, a cabinet, you get the idea!)
- a few magazines, books, and catalogs to look at. Make them fun and exciting. And happy. In the midst of a panic attack no one wants to read negative and sad things.
- a coloring book and crayons, playdoh and or any other small but, occupying kids activity. I know odds are that you’re not 8 years old and reading this post but, nurturing your inner child is great way to relieve stress and anxiety. Its also distracting which will keep your mind off what ever is bugging you.
- if you’re emetophobic or suffer from an anxious; ginger candy! It soothes nausea as well as many other tummy troubles.
- a nice smelling lotion or candle, preferably lavender or sandlewood. They are both extremely relaxing scents, not to mention they smell AMAZING!
-Crossword puzzles and soduku are also great mind occupiers. Distract yourself from what ever is bugging you.
- A list of your own favorite things to do. From running to pilates, to painting to writing, all of these activities help keep you focused. Choose one or two (or three…) from your list and have some fun! It can be anything! mine even includes hula hooping!
-Anything else you want! Each person is different, what helps one might not help another but, remember the following:
- this too shall pass, I promise
- breath! deep breathing exercises help LOTS
- stay busy, and don’t dwell
- no matter how scary and strange these symptoms seem, they are just anxiety and won’t hurt you. For a complete list of anxiety symptoms click here
EVERYONE JUST STOP FOR A FUCKING SECOND AND FUCKING LISTEN TO ME.
METRO MANILA, PHILIPPINES IS IN DANGER. MY CITY IS HALF-WAY SUBMERGED IN WATER. WE’RE PRACTICALLY FUCKING ATLANTIS RIGHT NOW. FOR MORE THAN THIRTY FUCKING HOURS, IT’S BEEN FUCKING RAINING NON-STOP. NON-STOP.
AND IT’S FUCKING STRONG. THE FLOODS ARE REALLY BAD HERE. SOME PEOPLE HAD TO EVACUATE THEIR FUCKING HOMES BECAUSE THE FLOODS REACH THEIR ROOFS.
AND I SEE THIS POST THAT HAS MORE THAN 4,000 NOTES, THAT JUST SHOWED PICTURES TAKEN BY SOMEONE WHO LIVES IN A SAFE AREA OUT OF THE COUNTRY. NO OFFENSE MEANT, BUT HERE I FUCKING AM, PRACTICALLY UPDATING EVERYONE ON THE REPORTS ON HOW THINGS ARE GOING, AND I’M FUCKING IGNORED.
I LIVE HERE. I EXPERIENCE IT. AND I AM FUCKING TELLING YOU THAT WE FUCKING NEED YOUR HELP.
NOT AWARENESS. HELP.
CLICK HERE IF YOU THINK YOU CAN DONATE—YOU DON’T HAVE TO LIVE IN MANILA TO DO SO.
IF YOU THINK I’M A BITCH, WELL, NEWSFLASH, MY COUNTRYMEN ARE FUCKING DROWNING IN THIS WEATHER, AND I DON’T FUCKING CARE. IF YOU THINK I’M DOING THIS FOR ATTENTION, THEN, YEAH, I FUCKING AM. BECAUSE WE NEED IT.
I DON’T HAVE A PHOTO BECAUSE I CAN’T GO OUT TO TAKE ONE, BUT I CAN FUCKING HEAR THE RAIN COMING DOWN IN TORRENTS.
WE’RE DOING ALL THAT WE CAN HERE—LETTING RESCUE TEAMS KNOW WHO NEED RESCUING AND LETTING THE NEWS MEDIA KNOW WHO ARE DOING RELIEF OPERATIONS—AND IF YOU WANT TO HELP, YOU CAN. DON’T JUST TELL PEOPLE TO BE OKAY.
HELP THEM BE OKAY.
oh god oh god okay i don’t usually comment on these posts i jsut let them speak for themselves but
please, i’m really poor and i’m literally donating all i have, please give some money to this
i have a lot of family back in manila it would mean so much to me if you gave